Sample of Consule

The tire chain fell apart on the second use and damaged the car.

The tire chain (item*) broke on the second use. The first time I drove about 5 km, the second time I drove about 1 km, there was an abnormal noise from the rear wheel. When I checked, the tire chain was broken, then, the inside of the tire house and the body were full of scratches, and the brake hose was also damaged.The equipment manufacturer says that the mounting method was bad, but I’m not convinced.
*: Navigation, audio, wheels, tire chains, etc.

  • Target supplies
  • Classification PL
  • Claimed damages
  • Part tire chain (navigation, audio, drive monitor, seat cover)
  • Phenomenon damage (ignition)

Answer and Suggested Solutions

If your car is damaged due to a defect in the item, you may be able to claim repair costs from the item manufacturer under the Product Liability Law.

Solution point

  • If the car was damaged due to the malfunction of the goods, it is possible to claim compensation for damages such as repair costs from the goods manufacturer under the Product Liability Law.
  • To do so, it is necessary to prove that the damage to the car was caused by this tire chain defect, and that there was a substantial causal relationship between the tire chain defect and the damage.
  • Ask the equipment manufacturer to investigate the tire chain and clarify what caused the tire chain to break. Also, as you proceed with negotiations, write down in detail the situation in which the problem occurred. The focus is on the cause of the problem, its details, the installation of the tire chain, and the driving conditions.
  • If there is a problem with the tire chain and there is a possibility that the damage to the car has occurred at the time, you will have to ask the manufacturer for repair costs and negotiate. Negligence may be counterbalanced by handling tire chain or driving at that time.
  • If no settlement can be reached after negotiating with the manufacturer regarding repair costs, etc., and if both parties (consumer and manufacturer) agree, a lawyer attached to our consultation center will mediate a settlement. Also, it is possible to use an out-of-court dispute resolution procedure called "examination" by an examination committee for free or at a low cost.